This vlog is all about cyberbullying. This will also gave you a tips and advice’s in how to cope up with the issue that is now very popular worldwide.
We all know that cyber bullying is the act of harming or harassing via information technology networks in a repeated and deliberate manner.it is also an act that tends to offend, humiliate or harass the target person using internet as their medium.
With the increased use of communication technology, cyberbullying has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers. That today social media is incredibly on a high standard built-in and everyone is exposed to this status that in anyhow could run and can lure you to its different types of features.
Cyberbullying can take place on social media sites such as Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. “By 2008, 93% of young people between the ages of 12 and 17 were online. In fact, youth spend more time with media than any single other activity besides sleeping.
According to a 2013 Pew Research study, eight out of 10 teens who use social media share more information about themselves than they have in the past. This includes location, images, and contact information.
Cyberbullying comes in a whole range of different shapes and sizes and its something subjective to the recipient. so here are the six tips on how to deal with cyberbullying.
- Never respond to anything that has been said or doing the same thing back because it only makes matters worse.
- Screen shot and keep a record on your phone or computer.
- Block and report the offending user.
- Talk about it or share to people close to you to seek support or guidance so that the burden you have will be lessen.
- Be private! keep your social media settings high so that no can easily know your account. because people may not always be who they say they are.Sharing passwords can compromise their control over their online identities and activities.
- Sympathize! always remember that a happy and secure people do not bully others.
Parents and kids can prevent cyberbullying. Together, they can explore safe ways to use technology.